Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mylora Sidaway

I must admit its been a while since my last blog post. I've had a hate love relationship with the sport. We went to Mylora Sidaway with 2 other friends. This is my second time. The first was 2 years ago for a CORIX golf event. The venue itself is fairly laid back and relaxed. On that sunny Saturday afternoon I found out that beers are welcome on the course. Here are the highlights of the experience:

- Longest hole 320 yards
- 4 holes over 200 yards including the the 330 yard hole
- Bermuda Triangle - Hole 10 with the fountain made over 10 of my balls disappear into the lake
- Made par on hole 4 192 yards, hole 8 116 yards.
- First course to actually keep score. I was kind of hesitant to share my awful score but I figure I can only improve from here. First 9 I was 19 over par. The back 9 I was 22 over par. Our group has spent a lot of time practice our driving game and realize that in order to get a lower score you need a short game and a putting game.

I would say this is a good course for beginners that want to migrate from pitch and putt to a golf course, but don't want to be intimidated by 200 plus holes and a stuffy golf etiquette atmosphere. You can have some beers with friends, with at a fairly reasonable pace. We let a group of two pass through and they mentioned covelinks as a good 9 hole course to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment